[K2CC] First K2CC meeting

Greg Zenger [N2GZ] n2gz at gregzenger.com
Mon Aug 30 06:27:54 EDT 2010

Sometimes you gotta give up a good thing.

This is a school club and it's important to let the current members run the
show and do what they want to do.  As much as we [alumni] would all like to
be involved, our turn is done.  They know they can come to us for help and
advice if they need it, but they don’t need us breathing down their necks or
trying to force them in the directions we would like to see them to go.

Just my 2 cents.

It would be nice if the meeting minutes were emailed to the list. This is
something I did as secretary during my first year with the club, and I think
it is a good way to keep members informed of what is going on, and lets us
alumni know of all of the exciting things that are going on.  Record keeping
is important to the longevity of a club, especially one that changes
membership every few years.

Good luck this year guys!  You have some interesting challenges ahead of
you,  We as alumni wish you the best and remind you that we are here to lend
a hand when you need it.  I have documented some of the equipment that I
have left up on the Moore house roof (from when I was president of the club)
and I will be sending that to the members of the eboard to share at a club
meeting, and add to the records.

73,

Greg Zenger, N2GZ/1
K2CC President '08-'09